Tyres lasting less than 10k miles!!!!!

edz

Hi, my first post on this forum ... I was horrified to discover that my front tyres are down to less than 2mm of tread across the width of the tyre (i.e. not a tracking problem). I had a pair of Continentals fitted less than 10k miles ago back in December. Just over 6 months later and they are bald!

Anyone got any tips for Which Tyre I should buy? Or had any similar experience with Continentals? I think that they must be made from liquorice!!! Cheers 

Hi...and welcome to the Forum!

They certainly do sound like they are made from liquorice.

I prefer Michelin as very durable without compromising grip, etc

Although, i think it sometimes comes down to price, e.g. who ever is doing a good deal at the time.

Let us know how you get on with your decision

Regards   Trevor

Hi Trevor, I've spoken to Tyresonthedrive, they tell me that they will send the Continentals back to the manufacturer when they come to fit another pair of tyres ... which will NOT be Continentals. Hopefully they will compensate me in some way. My wife drives the Audi (it's hers) and she's not exactly Jenson Button. I'll post an update when I get one.