Tyre recommendation for A3 2.0 TDI ?

audimanA3

Good afternoon everybody,

I need a new set of tyres, I have had Michelin Pilot Sport 2 so far. They were grippy but did not last long. I had a look at online tyre retailers but I am getting lost in the reviews and the different prices for the same tyres.  Any feedback or recommendation from Audi owners ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you may have already gone and got some already.  this is my experience of tyres

I have a 170 but remapped so i chew through tyres.

i stay well clear of the continental there are just too soft. I have used Pirelli P Zeros, and Michelin pilot sport for me tho, I find the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 are the best.

its a good hard wearing tyre handles well in the wet too.

I hope that helps 

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

@Ormie Oh thanks, I haven't made my choice yet just got back from holiday and tyre change is much needed now. I found reviews here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-2.htm which are interesting looking at. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 get good reviews. Do you think it's worse trying the latest Asymmetric 3 as they are similarly priced

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just put Goodyear eagle 3 on the front of my car, with another two going on the rear next week.

So far I can't fault them at all!  I paid 88 pound a corner for 225/40/r18, much cheaper than other top brand tyres, and apparently Goodyear usually wear very well.  I suspect this may be the last set of rubber I buy for the car.

• Like 1