Hello people, Iv just brought an Audi a3 2.0 Tdi 170 bhp 2007 model. So far so good with this vehicle with 77000 on the clock. This is just a quick 2 part question which I'm confused about the a3.

1. What phone connect's to my phone cradle on the dash board. (Picture below) 

2. When I put my foot down in 4th gear an upwards I get a fault on the dashboard an warning lights. The fault is ESP/ABS. Then the ESP an ABS lights will stay on along with the tyre pressure warning light. They are all amber lights.

I am just curious If there are any common faults that people know about or any possibilities as to what the fault could be.

Thanks for reading an hope I can get a answer.

Screenshot_2016-07-31-17-14-24.png

Hi

That is just the cradle mount that's wired into the car.  You need to buy a cradle for the phone you have, this then attaches to what your picture shows and the phone sits in the purchased cradle, it should then charge the phone and give the phone better signal.

Cant help on the other point though, not that clued up mechanically.

Hi, when I had a similar attachment in my A4 all I done was Google "iPhone 5 cradle for A4" for instance.  in your case whatever phone you have and then A3 cradle, it should show images of what you need and you should be able to get a part number, I've attached the image of the cradle I had for my A4, this then attaches to the what you have in the car already and your phone sits within this.

hope it helps

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm looking at buying the universal phone cradle to use with my samsung phone but the description says it needs to have full contact between the back of my phone and the cradle for the bluetooth pairing to work properly. My phone is too big to provide full contact. Is this right as I can already use the bluetooth in my car to make phone calls without the cradle just not use the steering wheel controls or voice commands.