Emissions

Geoff

Hi Geoff...welcome to the Club!

It sounds like one of the VAG emissions scandal rectification letters.

Any chance you could post up a picture of it (without any personal details showing) so that we could see it?

Cheers   Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

I just had mine carried out this morning.  Probably too early to tell.  However, I did notice the drive was more smoother in the 28 Degrees today, but that might be more due to bad gear changes of the 2016 A3 courtesy car i was using so I was comparing the two cars.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's now been 6-weeks plus since having my Emissions update.  In all honesty, I still have not noticed anything spectacular if at all.  Maybe the fuel level isn't as good but that mayne because of the colder weather now which also has a knock-on effect with my MGP figures between refills. 

The only thing I have noticed, and maybe more a coincidence or related to the Emissions issue is my Oil Consumption.  Early September, I started a drive from Essex to the West Midlands, then from there drove to Cornwall and started my UK-Holiday and did a few driving too.  Below is filling-up with Diesel on the start of my trip;

1st Diesel Full-up / 2nd September / Mileage 16,938

2nd Diesel Fill-up / 8th September / Mileage 17,451

3rd Diesel Fill-up / 23rd September / Mileage 18,041

I covered 1,103 miles in 21-days.  My MMI Oil Level Display was reading a halfway.  I put some oil in and the level went to full.  A few days later, the level was at 3/4 full so again, I added more oil.  Again, days later, the reading was just under full so I added a little more oil.  It finally stayed full.  Upon speaking with Audi Customer Services, they advised me to book it in to the Service Centre ASAP, which I did.

They drained the oil, measured the new oil, weighed it and put it into my engine.  I am limited to drive 600-miles under this Oil Consumption Test - Stage 1, which I have now covered just shy of 500-Miles and my car is already booked in for the 7th November.  They will then drain my oil, weigh and measure it to see how much oil I have used and go from there.

I am unsure to whether this is linked but just thought I would share.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys..

After the relevant Oil Consumption test, the Audi Service Centre team carried out there investigations, weighed the oil, measures it to what was put in before and although some oil had been consumed, it was within the parameters of the Audi guidelines so no action was needed.  

I knew this would be the case but least it was a peace of mind to be put at ease and could carry on enjoying the car without having to worry.  

However, I still think that the Emissions software update played a part somewhere as I did not notice this as much before the update but I could just be speculating.

On a separate note, I have now sold my Audi A4 and purchased a new Audi A6, so I will try and keep active in this Forum but will now be going the A6 section also.

Cheers guys!!

• Like 1