1.9TDI No Acceleration

Bennn96

Hi all, new here and looking for some help

I recently bought an Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI 130 (AWX) for cheap due to the car having no acceleration.

Starts and runs spot on, just nothing happens when the accelerator pedal is touched. I'm pretty sure it's down to this design fault these cars have with the water damaging electrical wires/the ECU.

The traction control light, the abs light and the coil light are all on. I have changed the brake light switch, the accelerator pedal, and I've taken the ECU apart along with all the wires and made sure they are 100% dry. I'm now out of ideas other than having the ECU tested, and trying to find the wire that runs from the accelerator pedal to the connector under the ECU, and getting a multi-metre to test the wire is holding a signal. ANY help what so ever is highly appreciated, I'd hate to go down the route of buying a new ECU although it's starting to look like that's the solution..

Thanks for the read and sorry for the long post.

Hi Ben...welcome to the Forum!

I'm not entirely sure but as you have replaced some of the parts that would affect the revs (or lack of them) I would see if it needs reprogramming with new settings for the parts (especially the pedal). On Nissan,you have to dial in the throttle pedal within a voltage range then it works fine otherwise, no revs.

Worth checking as a start, but don't also forget checking the Air Mass Meter readings and even blocked exhaust, EGR, etc...remember air has to enter and exit the engine for the engine to run efficiently.

Let us know how you get on with it.  Cheers,  Trevor

Hi Trevor, thanks for the reply and the suggestions. Still no acceleration but it does do something, when I start the car it sits at 1200rpm, and runs smooth as anything, when I touch the accelerator pedal the revs drop to 1000rpm and slowly come back up to 1200rpm, but when I do it again.. Nothing. It only happens once after its started. I'm gonna bite the bullet and have it looked at by Audi, I got the car for cheap anyway so I guess spending some money on it wouldn't hurt. Any last suggestions on things to try before it goes in would be great. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...