I need help i want to put aux input on my audi a6

Bogdan

hi everybody. I'm new on forum. I want to put aux imput in my Audi A6 2007 . I have cd changer and to be honest i dont know how to do'it . Im from Nottingham/Nottinghamshire if any of you knows please let me know . Thank you very much i appreciate !

Hi...welcome to the forum

There may be an Aux port in the back of the stereo if you hook it out to check is one is there.

Let us know if you do find one

Cheers   Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I've been doing a bit more research and found this video on youtube (posted below) which does show the step by step process of how to install the aux function to your existing cd changer in your glove box. This is part 2 of 5 but it gives you an idea of how it can be done...it looks a right faff in my opinion.

I was hoping it would be easy but for someone like me (the most useless electrician-minded person on earth), this might be a bit too much.

I think what I am going to do is have something like this: http://www.halfords.com/technology/bluetooth-car-kits/bluetooth-car-kits/parrot-mki9200-bluetooth-handsfree-kit-v3 - I know it's not as "factory" as I wanted but it seems to enable you to play music, use your phone etc but the best part - they install it for you!

Hope this helps mate!

• Like 1

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and following another retina burning session in front of the laptop I found a company called X Carlink.

Their website has a search facility for the car make and I came across this:  http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=61&cat=4&page=1

I don't know if it will work but I am going to do some more research as I own about 5 CD's (Don't know where they are) and I have a large library of MP3 music having digitised my tapes and records amongst other things

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

If you order that and is working like they say on website please let me know because i want to have aux mp3 in my audi . I also try to find somebody to make'it but with no results...Thanks mate.

I have come to the conclusion that I have bought a walled garden and it's the reason that I don't do frapple phones. There are so many so many companies out there offering an optical interface at stupid prices, other sites that give instructions on how to wire up the auxiliary inputs on the amplifier in the boot then you have to muck about with the VAG software and a cable  (Which I have) to open up the Aux feature in the MMI while running the risk of bricking the system that I have decided to spend £6 on one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141644377412?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It comes with a remote control and I can plug either a USB or SD card as well as an MP3 player. I noticed a 12 volt socket in the boot (A6 Avant) so it can get the power from there and the mp3 player can sit in the mesh junk holder in the jack cover.

I have used these before and  it's one of those any port in a storm scenarios where I just want my music in the car.If it works then it's £6 well spent but I won't be beaten and will probably find something that I can integrate at a later date and I doubt that I'll ever use the cd changer as there's only so much music that you can stick on a disc.

• Like 1

I think you have definitely gone the best route with by getting one of these devices.....saves messing around with the original audio system and provides a suitable input with just as much functionality as an OE system

• Like 1

6 hours ago, v8vogue said:

I have come to the conclusion that I have bought a walled garden and it's the reason that I don't do frapple phones. There are so many so many companies out there offering an optical interface at stupid prices, other sites that give instructions on how to wire up the auxiliary inputs on the amplifier in the boot then you have to muck about with the VAG software and a cable  (Which I have) to open up the Aux feature in the MMI while running the risk of bricking the system that I have decided to spend £6 on one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141644377412?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It comes with a remote control and I can plug either a USB or SD card as well as an MP3 player. I noticed a 12 volt socket in the boot (A6 Avant) so it can get the power from there and the mp3 player can sit in the mesh junk holder in the jack cover.

I have used these before and  it's one of those any port in a storm scenarios where I just want my music in the car.If it works then it's £6 well spent but I won't be beaten and will probably find something that I can integrate at a later date and I doubt that I'll ever use the cd changer as there's only so much music that you can stick on a disc.

Could you please let me know how this performs when you receive it.

I have had similar issues with Halfords. I wanted a parrot bluetooth system whereby you can play music through your car stereo using bluetooth as well as taking/making telephone calls handsfree. Unfortunately, I was advised that the install would be considerably more than the £159 + £50 fitting that is advertised.

I am thinking that this little gizmo might do the same job but without the fuss.

I used to have one that fit into the bottom of my ipod (back in the day) but it wasn't much use. I'm hoping that your reports of this one might be better!

Keep us posted,

i have something like that in my Audi A6 and believe me the music quality is not so good . For ex: when is a rain , storm or right next to a police car or taxi the device start's to make a strange noise or when you go under a tunnel that device stops because does not have signal. That's why i need something like this => 

Hope i am gonna find a person in Nottinghamshire who knows how to make this. 😐