Arm rest cover clip broken.

Magnet

Hello, 

The black plastic clip arrangement on the lid of the centre arm rest on a 2006 A3 has broken (common-ish problem?). I notice they are available for the A6 for next to nothing on eBay. Does anyone know if they are the same by any chance - before I go to the main dealer? 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth.

Many thanks Trevor. I'm absolutely useless at this clicking on a link thing! - but I just searched eBay under Audi centre arm rest latch and a stack of listings came up, but none for the A3 it seems. 

It appears VAG just do the main arm rest cover as a complete item, and want over £70 for their kindness.

I have now seen something on You Tube where owners have used small magnets as an alternative to the clip. May try that if nothing else turns up. 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi I have the same problem! Very frustrating that you have to purchase the whole upper lid for the sake of a broken clip - magnet seems a good idea 

Haven't tried the magnet idea yet Owain, but will let you know when I do. Strange that the made-in-China replacement ones are available for all but the A3. To be fair, it's the only bit of this A3 which has actually broken in 138K miles, but our daughter has confessed it might be something to do with her clicking the catch as she drove along!

What's a good Welsh named Owain doing in foreign parts in Oxford then?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 weeks later...