Front fog light adjustment.

Steve1

Just activated the front fogs to come on when cornering using vagcom .

As a result of this i have up graded the H11 front fog bulds to some ring led ones to try and match the xenon head lights.

They look very good copared to the standard "yellow" ones but very bright 6500k.

I have tried turning the adjuster screw which is a 7mm allen key through the fog light surround left and right but nothing happens.

They need to be lowered a fraction i think so im not blinding any drivers when turning when the main head lights are on.

Any one got any ideas what i might be doing wrong or is a lot of turns for a small adjustment . 

Is it the same for both fog lamps?

Is it easy enough to remove the lamps and maybe see what's occurring with the adjusters internally.

Maybe even then, refit them with some packing behind to angle the units down slightly?

Yes same for both lamps.

Will take them out for a better look while turning the adjuster 

A good suggestion regarding some sort of packaging , maybe a couple of washers on the top screw.

Thanks for your input much appreciated . 

• Like 1

Took a fog out to see if would adjust and could see a slight movement

Put the standard  h11 bulb back in and with my car pointing at my fence could adjust it up and down.

Put the led back in but no adjustment.

As an halagen bulb is one big ljght as it were and an led is a direct light in just one direction thats why i could not adjust it.

Never the less its a cracking light compared to the standard bulb,just have to see if i blind other motorists  when turning,if so will have to put the normal H11 bulbs back in.

20161108_162849.jpg

20161108_172257.jpg

• Like 1