Stereo Problem

Brian Wells

I have an Audi Symphony stereo with CD multichanger all in one unit. The CD function has now stopped working all of a sudden, displaying 'No CDC' whenever I press the CD option. 2 CD's are stuck in the unit. I have been told it is unrepairable due to the intricate workings in such a small space. Any suggestions please.

Hi Brian....welcome to the Forum

Either the unit has lost a power supply to recognise or power the eject function or it is genuinely defective. 

If it is defective and you just want to get the CDs out then it should be easy enough to remove the unit (to replace it with another one) and lift the lid to manually eject the CDs.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers  Trevor

Hello Brian,

As Trevor says, these CD changers can be removed and the cover taken off and with minor surgery, the stuck CD can be retrieved. This should always be undertaken on the basis of nothing to lose if you fail! Always worth trying the eject button on the changer before disconnecting. 

My exoerience with these, through non-Audi makes anyway, is that few do not give problems at some time or other, and the problem is  generally that of stuck CD. Not absolutely sure on this but I do believe the problem is compounded if use use copied CD's rather than originals. Again, these CD changers can be subjected to infrequent use which doesn't help. This will be coupled with the fact that they are very often located in damp boots or under dusty seats! 

I have found they are generally available secondhand at reasonable prices (if you fail to sort yours), or I think the popular alternative is to substitute this now outdated system by linking in an IPod. 

Hope some of this helps.

Kind regards

Gareth.

• Like 1