Warning lights

Calvin-Lee

I just sold my petrol A3  and bought the 140 6 speed A3 diesel best thing I ever done! But I've got a few lights on the dash I think it needs a reset it has a light saying faulty signal bulbs which aren't faulty and the coolant is flashing but I've got some in there how can I reset this? 

• Like 1

Hello Calvin, and a welcome from the homeland.

Warning light issues:-

Faulty signal bulbs? Does this refer to the indicators? If so, you may find that although the indicators are working there might just be two bulbs per side in say the rear lights, and one of them has blown. Having said that, you should find that if that is the case then they will flash at different rates side to side. I would suggest checking these in the dark and assessing if one side is not as bright as the other.

Low coolant light? Back to basics- you say you have some coolant in the reservoir, but how much? Check when cold and top up with the correct coolant mix to just below the max. line. Low coolant light still on? You should find there is a low coolant level sensor built into the reservoir. This sensor has a plug going into it and it is worth a try unplugging this and giving it a squirt of contact cleaner and refitting. If the light is still showing then I would guess the sensor is at fault and should be replaced.

I don't think these warning lights are anything to do with a need to reset them, but are giving you a warning that there is a fault of some kind.

Good  luck in getting it sorted, and it would be interesting to know what solves it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.c

• Like 1

HI Calvin...welcome to the Forum

I would agree with everything that Magnet has said but it may also be worth checking the number plate lights as there may be two of them and only one working?

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1