water coming into the boot

kjh1

Hi I have a brand new audi tt s line. After the rains a couple of weeks ago I opened the boot and water poured in from both sides. The garage have now put new side bits on but there is still a much smaller amount of water that drips into the boot after heavy rain. Does anyone else have any water at all coming into the boot when you open it after rain or during rain ? I don't know if the TT's boot will always have small amounts of water dripping in, in which case I can't put my lap top in there.

Hi Karen....welcome to the Forum

That's not particularly good news for a new Audi but I think it stems from poor design as opposed to a defect. The manufacturer may bring out a modification for it in time, but worth nagging them as this may push through something sooner.

Probably best not to put a laptop in the boot this time of year as when you bring it inside it tends to sweat with condensation from going from the cold into the warm and this can lead to internal corrosion.

Let us know how you progress with any modifications

Regards   Trevor

Hello Karen,

Sorry to hear you have water ingress problems with your brand new car.

To me, the situation is not at all complex, and you don't have to worry about the reason why, and simply have to return it to the supplying dealer and request they correct the defect under warranty. Any new car which leaks water is surely unfit for purpose, and if they cannot effect a permanent cure then you are within your rights to reject the car. Although not mechanical, this would be an unacceptable problem to me since the boot will stay damp, will smell and lead to deterioration of the structure of the car - just not on with a brand new car. Ignore comments about the weather being exceptional bad! No excuse. 

It might be worth doing a bit of research on this and I think you will find that this is not an unknown/uncommon problem with these cars, and Audi should know how to fix it by now. Some degree of continued pressure may be necessary to ensure it is fixed properly.

Goid luck with it.

Gareth. 

• Like 1