Multitronic delayed pick-up and stalling on hill start

Eric The Viking

Had the 'diesel-gate' emissions software fix last year on my multitronic 140 tdi that has 48k miles on the clock. 

Since then I'm convinced that the lag in pulling away is worse (e.g. Pulling away at a roundabout) , and a lot of my hill starts end up in stall!

is it a coincidence or just that the weaknesses of the multitronic are becoming more noticeable as it gets older......?

BTW fuel consumption around town is worse (it never was brilliant) but on long runs I still get 48-52 mpg which isn't too bad. 

Is John's experience an example of why some owners are questioning if they should indeed bother with these recalls? 

I appreciate that we generally hear the bad news before any good news, and I just wonder if any viewers of this forum have any positive views following these recalls.

It would be interesting to have a sort of poll for and against.

One question:- if the owner complains of a lowering of performance and economy, can they have the settings returned to original, and if the answer to this is no, can the vehicle be rejected on the basis that it would not have been purchased if its current performance was known? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

The majority of the feedback through here is that the 'fix' has had adverse effects on engine performance...which is not VW/Audi's primary concern, more to rectify the balls-up with the emissions scandal.

I think a Poll would be a great idea Magnet and especially when it comes to specific problem areas, such as performance, economy, EGR, Air Cond...to name a few that I have heard of recently.

One way to restore the performance and economy would be a remap which could dial out the EGR issue as well....I wrote an article on the pros & cons of electronically tuning engines, not so much for performance gains but to restore the engine performance to where it should ideally be.

http://www.audiownersclub.com/news/reviews/club-reviews/product-reviews/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

Watch this space as they say.