Cooling upgrade

Alanw

Hi every one, I'm looking to change my Land cruiser for a Q7, it's my second Land cruiser, the first I had 7 years the second 9 years,  only expense for both was new new tyres, so a Q7 has a lot to live up to, I tow a caravan so my question is do I need to uprate the cooling system or anything else

Alan

Hi Alan...welcome to the Forum

I think the LandCruiser is going to be a tough one to follow....especially when it comes to towing capabilities.

The Q7 is an awesome car but not entirely sure about how it will cope with towing and I would also imagine there are larger radiators, waterless coolant and extra fans that you could fit.

Keep us updated on how your decision goes

Cheers  Trevor

Hi Alan

Welcome to the Forum, as Trevor has said it's going to be a tough one to beat! but then again have you looked at other Audi Models?

As you must know by now torque is an essential part of towing so something like (cough cough) my car ;D was good for towing (back in 2000) lol

Keep us up to date!

Regards

Bradley

• Like 1

Hello Alan,

The Q7 appears to be respected as a towing vehicle, and personally I would not have considered it would be necessary to upgrade the cooling system, since such things are usually taken into consideration when these vehicles are designed. 

If it were me, I would be visiting the local Audi dealers and talking with them about your intentions, and asking them if they would be prepared to put local owners in to touch with you. The acid test with such considerations is to talk with owners who actually use the vehicles in the way you propose to do so.

Good luck with your search.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

I suppose the only other enhancement from standard if towing heavy loads on long journeys would be a transmission cooler (not sure whether Audi produce a larger cooler as such) but this would definitely preserve the life of the automatic transmission.