2.5tdi smoky

And301j

Hi my a4 2.5 tdi is smoky every time I pull away quick and one first start up in the morning it has a unburnt diesel smell plus smoke 

any ideas as to what could be causing the fault??

Hi Andrew

Do you do short journeys at all? also what diesel do you buy (from where) I had it where Mine would smoke abit but started using Shell V+ and it went also engine runs so much better too

don't forget is the when you have first started your car? it could also be because it's cold out atm

Could try giving it a run on the motorway for abit or run your car at higher revs (when on perfect temperature) 

Regards

Bradley

• Like 1

Hello Andrew,

My money would be spent on getting the injectors checked. The unburnt diesel smell would point me in that direction.  Probably not a pleasant vehicle to be around! I take it the fuel filter has been replaced to schedule with a good quality unit - not that it is likely to improve anything with your symptoms on its own,  but it is always good practice to reduce the chances of such problems. You could try some injector cleaner in with the fuel since the cost would be minimal and it might - just might - improve the situation.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

first stop for me would be diesel and air filter. there is possibly a mini filter in the tank too that can gunk up, clean that too.

if that doesnt resolve it get vag com plugged in otherwise you are !Removed! in the wind