hello from manchester

hussair5

hi all,

i have just joined the forum so thought i will pop by and say hi.

i have never owned a audi before so hopefully will be buying one soon. i know nothing about audi's as i have never owned one before. i will be looking at buying at petrol as i hardly do any milage. i have been looking at 1.8 t quattro and 2.0 tfsi.  Budget is between 3 to 6k so hopefully i will be able to find a half decent example

i am just confused as to which one would be more reliable, economical and has more tuning potential

sorry for asking so many questions 

thanks 

if you want reliability go for the 1.8t. and you can tune the nuts off them. 

the 2.0 tfsi can give crazy results on power if you are willing to invest the cash but you really need to do your research into economy and oil consumption 

1 hour ago, rbdazza said:

if you want reliability go for the 1.8t. and you can tune the nuts off them. 

the 2.0 tfsi can give crazy results on power if you are willing to invest the cash but you really need to do your research into economy and oil consumption 

thanks for the reply

yes i was also thinking of 1.8 as well, just need to decide if i want a B6 or B7 . 

Hi....and welcome to the Forum

what rbdazza  says.... the 1.8t is the one to get for modding but depends on whether you want to go for economy or power.

A lovely saying I always remember is   'speed is only a matter of money....how fast can you afford to go?'

Keep us updated on how your potential purchase is going.

Cheers  Trevor

48 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Hi....and welcome to the Forum

what rbdazza  says.... the 1.8t is the one to get for modding but depends on whether you want to go for economy or power.

A lovely saying I always remember is   'speed is only a matter of money....how fast can you afford to go?'

Keep us updated on how your potential purchase is going.

Cheers  Trevor

thanks

i believe 190 bhp version is the one to get?  there doesn't seem to be that many for sale so it going to be a case of waiting for the right one