Led Tail light for A6 2013

Dazzle46

Hi, got an A6 2013, 6 months ago, just over 32k miles. Rear lamp warning came on at weekend, went to change lamp, only to realise it's a complete cluster. Not happy, I feel an led should last far longer than this, and Audi want a sweet 237.00 just for supply only?!? It's just the inner rear boot section. Does anyone know where I could obtain one more competitively, and thought on this re quality? I actually work in electrical wholesale where I sell Leds which last 30,000 hours, for ridiculously less. Unfortunately not for car use  Really disappointed.

Hi Darren....welcome to the Forum

I'm not sure of where else apart from eBay for a secondhand one that one would be available

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/272299411506?clk_rvr_id=1183846714725&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=272299411506&rmvSB=true

Could you see if you can break into it and replace the faulty LED?

Cheers  Trevor

I have replaced individual LED in a tail light cluster for a mate. Fiddly job and not a job you would want to guarantee. Getting into the unit is the biggest challenge. 

Video link below is for C6 but will give you the gist of it. Challange for LED in Vehicles is vibration and voltage fluctuation. It is easy to overlook what a car goes through as we normally just jump in and turn a key expecting everything to be fine rain or shine. 

• Like 1