Brake noise A3 1.6 Special Edition 06

F2004M

Runs great, recently had the timing belt and water pump changed as a precaution and all fine.

However I have noticed a grinding noise when braking on the drivers side at the rear (louder when the car is cold or just off the drive)

Yesterday I had the car washed and noticed there was a clicking noise when breaking, along with the grinding noise at breaking.

The clicking wore off but seemed to be related to the car having being washed.

I had the breaks looks at looked at by an indy and they couldn't spot anything, any ideas?

Hello Chris,

Despite your independent not being able to find anything wrong via. an inspection, I wonder what sort of inspection they carried out - perhaps just a brief look at!? 

There is  obviuosly something wrong here, and the car is letting you know that, and you are wise to make further enquiries.

If it were mine, I would be giving the rear brakes a good coat of looking at, and particularly the brake bake plates ( shields) which are prone to rusting and bits distorting and possibly touching where they shouldn't be touching, 

Kind regards,

Gareth.