vibrations and noise at idle

rtorak

Hi guys

I have Audi a6 c6 2006, 2.0l diesel with 120,000 on the clock. About a week it all started going bad. At first lots of vibrations while at idle ( from the engine, but in 2-3 seconds intervals ), and now even some strange noise coming from the engine all the way to the exhaust. But, when start to drive then all vibration disappears. When changing the gears - no change, when air con on - no change. The rpm is steady at idle at around 900-1000. Not sure what could be cause of it. Then please if anyone could help me to diagnose the issue. Thanks

I would firstly check the condition of the engine, e.g. oil level and quality (does it smell washed down with Diesel, etc) and run some strong fuel cleaner through the engine along with an Italian Tune-Up....that should at least eliminate a few things at very little cost.

Hi, thanks for your reply. The oil level is fine. Engine cleaner I used about week ago with no change. I don't think is the engine mounts. Sone people said it maybe EGR problem. I am really not sure.

Worth checking the EGR and running some fuel cleaner through the engine to eliminate it from the diagnostic process before spending any money on parts

• 2 years later...
Guest BMW_Mania
On 5/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, rtorak said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. The oil level is fine. Engine cleaner I used about week ago with no change. I don't think is the engine mounts. Sone people said it maybe EGR problem. I am really not sure.

Resolved ?