model choice

paxterg

Welcome to the forum Lavelle :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I would say ultra. You get better spec and I believe different wheels :) but obviously you'll pay more. The S Line is a good spec and you'll have more choice of cars in S Line spec as they're more common :) 

hope iv helped

cheers

steve

Thanks for the welcome and response Steve. The ultra is my preference, what extra spec does it come with? Sorry i am a complete newbie when it comes to Audis. Also how are they for reliability, the car i am looking at has 38,000 with a FSH. I am just a little apprehensive because my last german car (VW Passat) was a nightmare, DPF problems, oil pump failure, head gasket!!!

1 hour ago, paxterg said:

Thanks for the welcome and response Steve. The ultra is my preference, what extra spec does it come with? Sorry i am a complete newbie when it comes to Audis. Also how are they for reliability, the car i am looking at has 38,000 with a FSH. I am just a little apprehensive because my last german car (VW Passat) was a nightmare, DPF problems, oil pump failure, head gasket!!!

Your most welcome :) 

Have a look at the Parkers guide. It will list all the a4 soecs and show you exactly whats what:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/audi/a4/saloon-2008/specs/

Wow you didn't have much look with the passat. I believe they do use oil but I believe this is normal on the 2.0tdi. Obviously the DPF filter can become clogged if your using the car for around town or short journeys and if you intend to use the a4 for the same purpose then I would advise a petrol version. If you are looking at an a4 with full Audi service history then you can ring Audi directly to see what work has been carried out on the vehicle. 

Also I would advise you ask the seller if you can get an independent inspection carried out. Companies such as the AA and RAC offer this service. If the seller refuses or is reluctant then you have to wonder if they or the vehicle have something to hide. 

Cheers

Steve

8 hours ago, paxterg said:

Very impressed, such an engineered piece of machinery, my first audi btw. I just hope the car is reliable!!

IMG_20170720_190256805.jpg

Very nice! :) 

was the info I sent you useful? 

Cheers

steve