Electronic Parking Brake - Audi A6

WPAWS

Just wondering if i was the press the Electronic Parking Brake at speed would i come to a slow or sudden stop? i never really use mine as car is always in the park position on the gear lever 

Don't ever try it!! Not a good idea because it takes to long to come back off!!

In reality, unless the rear brakes were brand new and the handbrake cables fully adjusted would there be any chance the rears would lock up at speed. My kids once caught the button on my T5 and as it has an after market electric parking brake there is no beep beep warning noise. The van just became laboured  to drive until I realised what was wrong, though I am sure 6months were taken from my life with the whole experience😬

9 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Don't ever try it!! Not a good idea because it takes to long to come back off!!

In reality, unless the rear brakes were brand new and the handbrake cables fully adjusted would there be any chance the rears would lock up at speed. My kids once caught the button on my T5 and as it has an after market electric parking brake there is no beep beep warning noise. The van just became laboured  to drive until I realised what was wrong, though I am sure 6months were taken from my life with the whole experience😬

lol sort of sums up my thoughts on the issue of using it was wondering do i come to a controlled stop or kiss the fecking windscreen lol

• Like 1

Some cars have hill assist etc like that Passat. Some cars don't have that amount of electronics like my T5 and earlier cars and the brake can go on.

But everyday a school day, I didn't know that there was an emergency braking system employed by holding down the handbrake button. 👍