Convertable roof issue

Sam Parker

Hi,

have an 03 a4 convertable. The roof opens with no issues. If I stop 3/4 the way and close it there is no problem. If I completely open it then try to close it , the lid will open,I can here the hyadralic motor try to open the roof twice then the third time the roof move about 1/2 and inch then it stops and i have to close manually.

Why ideas?

Sam

6 hours ago, Sam Parker said:

hydraulic motor

Sounds to me you found the fault already m8 have a garage check it over could be the motor is on its way out

• 2 months later...

easy fix im non mechanical and replaced it in 85 mins 

auto electron uk  have a great step by step guide as they tell you how to remove and send off for repair i just replaced it ,took my 85 mins start to finish 

1 hour ago, jonbrightonA4 said:

easy fix im non mechanical and replaced it in 85 mins 

auto electron uk  have a great step by step guide as they tell you how to remove and send off for repair i just replaced it ,took my 85 mins start to finish 

What did they replace? 

i bought a new pump with motor on Ebay   £150  ,once i read the detailed instructions for removal from autoelectron i decided to pull out the old unit then swap just the motor 

that was it fixed ..

Removing whole pump with motor attached is 3 bolts then its just 2 bolts to switch over the motor