Audi A6 S Line for sale. 2.0 TDI

klin

Hi all, I am about to buy an used estate Audi A6 from a private seller and would like your opinion on this car:

"Silver Audi A6 S Line for sale. 2.0 TDI. 133,000 miles on the clock, with full service history from 2013.
In the last 12 months the car has had a new cam belt, oil pump, EGR valve and rear wiper assembly. It also has 2 new rear tyres, and front tyres with plenty of tread.
It has been regularly serviced, most recently in July 2017, and has an MOT until October 2017.
There is some surface damage to the passenger door."

The car is advertised for £3700. The reg plate is WV08SHZ, the MOT history is very impressive, no advisories at all.

I read that the 2.0 TDI engine suffers from oil pump and turbo problems. Do you think that I am getting a good deal on this car?

Thank you

Hello Kiln,

It's always difficult to offer advice without appearing to be over critical and putting people off, but I would add that I think you are very  wise to seek advice. Part of that advice may come in the form of a recommendation to have the car car inspected by say an Audi independent or the AA/RAC since the car is being bought privately and you have very little - if any - comeback if things go wrong immediately after

I would ask myself why someone would spend a large amount of money on it then part with it so quickly afterwards. Possibly the fear of other things going wrong and not wanting yo spend more? - and leaving that to the next owner. Personally, I would be concerned about this car having a new oil pump since you are not aware of the background to the failure of the original one. Was the engine run on low oil pressure for some time? 

If you don't anything else, you must  road test this car for a minimum of 10 continuous miles to ensure the oil is hot and any oil pressure issues are likely to reveal themselves. Any shorter will simply not be enough. 

Price? Don't know , except that there appears to be a few on Autotrader with dealers at around that price - being sold with a guarantee from dealers. You could ring We buy any car  and see what they value it at. That valuation is likely to be close the part exchange value which the seller would have been offered.

Kind regards,

Gareth.