A5 1.8tfsi engine rebuilders

R30JYS

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum scene and in great need of some help advice on having my A5 engine rebuilt so many companies out there that will do it BUT WHO CAN YOU REALLY TRUST....

I'e had a few quotes and massve difference in totals but offer the same service and parts.

Thanks Any advice will be appreciated 

Mark

Hello Mark,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I think it might help if we know what damage has been caused to this engine and how. It should then be clearer what work will be needed.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

While driving home from work it started to run rough like it was down a cylinder limped it home and called at my mates garage. I had a look on google and people had mentioned plugs or coil pack's so we changed them still missing so removed all the plugs and put a camera down the plug holes no1,2,4 we'e dry no3 was wet with oil no4  looked like the plug was arking onto the piston. so then we compression tested it no1,2,4 were ok and no3 had no compression. For the last 18 months it' been drinking oil. I hope this helps

OK, so the seems you have a significant problem on one cylinder, and since your mate has a garage then I would have thought it would not be too much of an issue to remove the cylinder head and the one piston to assess the problem - assuming this has not been done.

if it has been done then you will know what the plan of action will be, which might be reboring this cylinder and fitting a new piston etc. 

Can we assume there hasn't been an oil pressure problem with this engine ( high oil consumption sometimes leads to low oil levels and low pressure). It seems you are in a fortunate position of having a mate in a garage, and if attending to the one cylinder is not going to be the full answer then it might be worth looking at a second hand engine as an alternative to rebuilding yours.

Kind regards,

Gareth.