Central locking problem (no pulse fault)

gregdavies

Evening everyone, I'm after some help please.

As the title says, I'm having problems with my central locking. When locking the car with my fob, all the doors and boot locks, but when I use the fob to unlock the car, only the rear drivers side door and boot unlocks. The rear passengers side and both front doors remain locked. I then have to use the key from the fob to unlock the drivers door and then the remaining doors from the inside.

I took the car to my local garage where they ran a diagnostic on it, I can't remember the actual code but it stated that there was no pulse from central locking. Has anyone experienced this and did you find a solution, or any advice would be great.

The model is an A4 avant B8 model.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Hi Greg, more often than not central locking problems relate to the central locking module failing or believe it or not the drivers door locking mechanism (as was the case on my much older a6). A locking mechanism should cost you around £120 to fix but if it's the module, it'll be a lot more but unsure on a figure, sorry. 

Sorry I can't help more. 

Cheers

Steve