A4 black edition 2.0 diesel

Iangi

Hi there

I'm looking at purchasing an A4 2.0 diesel black edition. I want the model that's £30 road tax. 2011 seem to be in my price range. What should I look out for? Manual or Automatic?? Any major issues? Any help would be nice. Thanks

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum. 

Key thing is service history. Ideally this should be full and any 2011 car your looking at is probably due a cambelt and water pump change. Black edition is a good spec but once again make sure everything works as it should. 

In terms of gearbox, if it's auto make sure the gear changes are smooth in both manual and auto as it can be expensive to fix if it breaks. 

If you were looking at Quattro fitted vehicle make sure that it works properly as the system can be sensitive even uneven Tyre wear can potentially damage it. 

It's probably wise to get an independent inspection carried out. Companies such as the AA and RAC offer this service. If the seller is reluctant or refuses then you have to wonder if they or the car has something to hide! 

I've found this video on YouTube that may be of some use: 

Hope I've helped :)

Cheers

Steve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...