Vag com for 1996 2.6 A4

NomeA4

I have a warning code which has come up called ln2.... apparently need a vag com to solve. Can anyone recommend one which will work with my car in UK? Preferably blue tooth device not too expensive and easy to use! Have a much loved 1996 A4 2.6...... thanks in advance for the help! 

Hi Naomi....welcome to the Forum

There are quite a few code readers on places like eBay but you would be best off with something like VAGCOM which is a lead (with OBD and USB ends) and software to put in your laptop. There are bluetooth versions available also but as the old saying goes....you get what you pay for!

Good luck and let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers,  Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, Naomi, I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, so didn't see your post.

In2 is a notification that Supplementary work is due on the car. These are serrvice items in addition to the 12 month/10,000 mile and the 24 month/20,000 mile services, falling due at longer intervals than these Services. Details are in the car's Maintenance Record booklet, and can also be found in the Haynes Manual for the A4, although this does not cover the 2.6 engine. You can also find details of the services and intervals online.

Other notifications are OEL - Intermediate Service, mainly oil and filter change - every 10,000 miles, and In1 - Maintenance Service - every 20,000 miles.

The mileages may be different for your car, those quoted are for 1996 A4 (B5) 1.8 Turbo.