S3 8V adaptive headlight issues !

s3cvo

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out, maybe you have experienced it yourself. I have the adaptive headlight units in my car and I am constantly getting flashed every time I go out and it’s dark. The beams seem to be projected way to far and way too high. The car is going in next week to be checked and put on the MOT projecting test machine. Is this just a general issue with the adaptive headlight units or do mine just need adjusting ?. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Callum, sorry to hear your having issues. I can't say I've seen it previously on here. I'm assuming you've taken your a3 to Audi?

It'll be interesting to see what the tests come back with. But if Audi do say that you need a new headlight (this is the worst case scenario) then I would argue there should be some factory good will applied as the headlights should not need replacing on a 64 plate. Unless your a3 has previously been involved in an accident and not repaired properly. (Again I'm just seeing the worst case scenario). 

The adaptive lights are controlled by motors I believe and these can seize or fail, I'm sure. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Callum, I have these on my A7 but they need to be enabled separately (push the full beam stalk to turn on) but once enabled work well but I do think that people coming towards me think I am not going to turn off the full beam but then it lowers and is fine... 
Are you headlights high when adaptive is turned off - park up on a flat surface with lights on and stand about 3ft in front of the car - if the lights hit above your knee then they could be high to start with... 
Just a thought - but see what the garages machine finds.
Cheers M.

Hi Steve and Lanky thanks for getting back so quick. I asked them to look at the issue when I took it in for it’s service last week and they didn’t mention anything, the customer service was awful so it has been re booked to go into the Milton Keynes centre where the customer service was 10x better and where I brought the car from. The car hasn’t been in any sort of accident or knock and still has a Years warranty left so with a bit of luck any issue should be covered. I have tried with adaptive on and off and still the same issue. Will keep you guys posted with hopefully a positive answer next week. 

Sorry to hear you had bad service at one Audi dealer. But.im glad you're getting good service from the dealer where you bought the car :) Audi dealers do seem to be hit.or miss when it comes to good service. 

Glad your a3 hasn't been involved in an accident. So.lets hope the fault is something straight forward :) 

Cheers

Steve