SE Exec with no USB?

Dan1981

Afternoon All,

I've just taken delivery of a new A6 SE Exec (https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a6/a6-saloon.html#/specificationsbut there's no USB port, just the standard MMI connection and cigarette lighter shaped port.  

Any idea why this is?  The supplier stated that it should have a USB port, as does the Audi website?

Cheers

I should imagine you should have it. Especially when the supplier has said it should have come with it. Have they offered to fit one for you? And if not then it's definitely worth asking the question. It's very unusual to find any new car that doesn't gave USB and aux connectivity these days. 

Cheers

Steve

On 19/03/2018 at 8:33 AM, Dan1981 said:

Yeah I think I'm going to have to.  It's a lease through a broker just to add more complexity!

No, not IN the centre arrest, but UNDER it. I don't think it's a USB port, but something slightly different which my dealer gave me an adapter lead to connect my iPhone with.

Mine's only an Ultra SE aka peasant's spec :0)

Hi,

It should be inside the storage unit under the arm rest, that's where I've been checking.  There's an Audi MMI port and 12v cigarette lighter type port but nobody can seem to tell me why there's no USB?

It's not a USB port, it's the MMI port which needs an adapter lead from Audi. I was given a twin pack of leads, one of which was MMI-to-Lightning (which I use), and I'm pretty sure the other is MMI-to-USB.

24 minutes ago, Beezil said:

It's not a USB port, it's the MMI port which needs an adapter lead from Audi. I was given a twin pack of leads, one of which was MMI-to-Lightning (which I use), and I'm pretty sure the other is MMI-to-USB.

so he is looking for something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/AUDI-VW-Music-Interface-MDI-MMI-Ami-to-USB-Cable-Data-Sync-Charging-Adapter-Lead/2147049146?iid=292082311129&_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49920%26meid%3D4424033b32dc4ec4b6c332364fe96f7a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D173222727653%26itm%3D292082311129&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

That looks like it'd do the job, thanks. 

My main concern isn't really the functionality (that can be sorted by buying the cable recommended) but more why does it not have the USB if it comes as standard and as far as I can see has done for a number of years?