MMI 2g upgrade due to faults?

Lungo

Hi all,

new to forum and only recently purchased my ‘new’ baby 😜😜

loving the car and just need to sort out a few wear and tear stuff but was wondering if the update to 5570 is required for battery level etc?

i have spoken to Audi and they say that the upgrade can cause more issues and will not update unless I have faults that this will correct?

Sounds like there are known faults but not public? I tried to google this but cannot find information on faults being solved by an update or recalls to that matter.

i will be printing off the pdf of instructions from Trevor but was wondering if anyone has had faults or anything that the update has solved?

i have enclosed, hopefully a screen shot of the system now.

regards

1777F79B-0D1A-4D82-B130-66EBBD1BF7DA.jpeg

The update doesn’t put the battery level onto the mmi. To do this you need to enable the hidden green screen menu on the mmi using vcds/vagcom then you enable it in there. Depending how old the car is it might of been enabled by a previous owner, try pressing and holding the bottom 2 buttons on the left hand side of the centre console for about 5 seconds (car and setup) and see if the green screen comes on. What fault is yours doing that your hoping to fix?

What 

Hi Dave,

thanks for the videos and links.

i have tried holding down setup and car buttons but nothing shows up and have read that the mmi has to be 5570 to enable the hidden green menu? Don’t know if you have the battery level on an un updated mmi?

i was looking for the faults for mmi so I can use it to get the upgrade from Audi dealer. lol

You can enable the green menu on any version of software. Mine was on 4420 when I enabled it. I bought the update discs and upgraded mine to 5570 because the Bluetooth would take a long time to connect to my phone and there was a fix for this in the upgrade. But to be fair the battery level indicator isn’t that accurate and I only enabled it to help diagnose a slow start problem

Thanks  for that Dave,

tried again but nothing 😥😥😥

thats the reason why I like to have the battery indicator, Audi dealer saying I need to change battery due to slow start but like to check first

Try connecting a wire from the earth point under the bonnet on the passenger side used for jump starting the car to the engine manifold and see if it starts better. The earth on the starter motor corrodes over time and makes the battery appear flat. Is it slow to start in the morning after being left over night or all the time i.e like if you drive to a petrol station and turn the car off for a few minutes

Seems like all the time but only had car for less than a month.

I have just installed the Dension Gateway with iPod in centre console, not a lot of room in the glove department and need that 👍👍

i do have an universal obd2 but think I need a certain type to enable the hidden green screen if I cannot see it after pressing and holding setup and car  

If it’s all the time and not noticeably worse in a morning then I’m more inclined to think it’s an earth or starter problem. Try a jump lead from the earth point on the passenger bulk head onto the engine somewhere and see if that cures it. If it does it’s a bad earth.

Oh, thought the indicator gives a decent indicator of battery voltage. 😥😥

Think I have seen something that I can purchase that will fit into the cig lighter that will tell me the voltage and amps. 

• 2 months later...

My D3 3.0tdi 2005 has started to play up with very slow turnover. Happened just after driving 200 miles!
Would this seem like a bad earth on starter?
I have got a new battery to fit as one fitted is only a 95ah, so got a 110ah.

On 3/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, Lungo said:

Hi all,

new to forum and only recently purchased my ‘new’ baby 😜😜

loving the car and just need to sort out a few wear and tear stuff but was wondering if the update to 5570 is required for battery level etc?

i have spoken to Audi and they say that the upgrade can cause more issues and will not update unless I have faults that this will correct?

Sounds like there are known faults but not public? I tried to google this but cannot find information on faults being solved by an update or recalls to that matter.

i will be printing off the pdf of instructions from Trevor but was wondering if anyone has had faults or anything that the update has solved?

i have enclosed, hopefully a screen shot of the system now.

regards

1777F79B-0D1A-4D82-B130-66EBBD1BF7DA.jpeg

Hi.the soft on your mmi 2g high is 5140 , there is one newer 5570 but you will not feel any diffrence as the update brings few little changes .

Also there is no faults issues from updating to 5570 , i have done it on mine and no issued 

So its really your choice 🙂

Green menu, battery meter , etc so called "vcds mods" are done by coding via vcds ( or carista or obd11 ) and have nothing to do with the mmi soft as you code individual modules , not the mmi ...

you can also update maps ( £15 -20 eBay ) . They come on dvd , but check before if you can eject the old one ( factory locked , can be enabled by codig ) 

if you need any help please message me