Audi A5 Major issues

Gomes83

Hi

I have just joined as I am really frustrated with my Audi A5. It is a 2014 model bought at 9,000 miles from an Audi dealer 3 years ago. Its warranty ran out last year in July and this year all the problems have begun.

First the Sat Nav would not work and the location was off. This required a complete overhaul of the system and not just a software upgrade. This cost £1200 which Audi  brought down to £600 to change as a good will gesture. It should not have happened in the first place.

Now during a full service, they have found condensation in the boot and back panels that needs looking into for £60 and the Air conditioner is flagging up as having a fault as well which is going to cost £79 to look into.

Is this normal? The car is only just over 3 years old.

Should I not have some sort of further discount given how many problems keep stacking up on a vehicle that is barely used. It has done 34,000 miles at present.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am thinking of going to a local car workshop to have the other issues sorted.

At this rate, should I take out further insurance?

Welcome to the forum Keith, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Sorry to hear you've having issues with your a5. A long shot but could the condensation and air conditioning issue be connected? After all air con dies take excess moisture out of the cabin. It's worth a shot in asking the question! 

Due to the age of the car there should be various amounts of factory good will they can offer you hence the reduced cost of the sat nav work.

Also I've moved this topic to the a5 section to help other members find it. 

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve.

Never thought to connect the two. I am hoping to chat to the main guy next week to see if any discount will be offered.

If not, I was hoping to take out the £249/year warranty and ask them to include the diagnostics and labour charge in the price.

I will let you know how it pans out.

Thanks again for your help and setting up this forum.