A3 Service Schedule

oake

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm a bit confused about service schedules.

My A3 Cabrio is leased, and one of the conditions of the lease is that I have it serviced at "the recommended intervals", so it's important that I'm clear on what they are. Apparently, I could be fined up to £400 if I fail to comply.

The handbook states that cars doing long journeys and high mileages can be serviced every two years, while cars doing short journeys and low mileages should receive attention every year.

Mine is a second car, purely used for enjoyment, so it's almost exclusively used on rural roads and major routes/motorways. 

It has covered 7300 miles in its first 12 months, most of which involved a trip to Scotland, a couple of trips to North Wales, and more than 4000 miles travelling around Europe. Most of the rest of the time, it's been stashed away waiting for better weather.

Audi Financial Services recently sent me a note telling me that they'd taxed the car for me, but reminded me of my obligation keep up the  service schedule, without clarifying what it is. I emailed them seeking clarification, but they haven't replied.

Should I just wait for the MMI to tell me when a service is due, or should I go for 12 monthly services regardless?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Steve.

Your car will inform you when a service is due on a count down basis. It will not matter if the car has yearly 9000 miles fixed schedule or the flexible 2 year 19000 mile max schedule (whichever is sooner). Your service book should tell you which of the two schedules the car is on. 

Hope this helps 

4 hours ago, Adbro said:

Hello Steve.

Your car will inform you when a service is due on a count down basis. It will not matter if the car has yearly 9000 miles fixed schedule or the flexible 2 year 19000 mile max schedule (whichever is sooner). Your service book should tell you which of the two schedules the car is on. 

Hope this helps 

Thanks Adam - I hadn't thought to check the service book.

I'll go and retrieve it when it stops raining!

Thanks Steve. As long as Audi Leasing are happy with that!

They still haven't replied - I had the same problem when I took the car to Switzerland, and needed documents from them.

Cheers

Steve

5 hours ago, oake said:

Thanks Steve. As long as Audi Leasing are happy with that!

They still haven't replied - I had the same problem when I took the car to Switzerland, and needed documents from them.

Cheers

Steve

I'm sorry to hear that, I've always found you get better service whilst being in the dealer rather than over the phone.