2017 A5 2.0 TFSI Fuel Tank Fault

ScottyA5

Hi, I am new here and recently purchased a new Audi 2.0 tfsi 7 speed s-tronic 252bhp A5 Quattro. I received it in September 2017 with only 12 miles on the clock and the car was great. Around 4 weeks ago I started hearing a loud sloshing sound like the doors were full of water so I checked and they are all clear. I took it into the local Audi dealer in Hull and they told me all is dry and it is the fuel tank making the noise and that it is the fuel they could hear sloshing around very loudly. 

They only had one other model the same as mine that was out on a demo but once back they checked it and told me that it made the same noise from the fuel tank and it was characteristic of that model. Mine did not do this up until about 4 weeks ago so I am guessing that theirs is faulty too and that many more will be the same.

The dealer is not prepared to look into this further so I am unsure what to do. If I had known a £42,000 Audi would make a noise like this I would not have even looked at it from the start.

Any ideas, advice or does anyone else have the same problem?

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Hi

i bought a 2019 from factory last year may 2019 it was delivered and not long after having it, only delivery mileage, same sloshing noise.. and yest it was the fuel tank.. also told it’s a “characteristic” but funny thing is I was told because my car is NOT a Quattro which is designed differently (like a B shape) instead of mine like a D shape.. their A5 courtesy car was a diesel and that also did the same thing.. I agree that an Audi .. German made.. car worth +35k should make such a sloshing noise! 
further more.. Iv now got water build up issue in under tray.. twice they’ve tried to resolve that too without success!!! 😞🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 it’s ridiculous.. to compound issue, customer service with local dealer (not original delivery dealer) are extremely slow and poor with customer care and service.. communication is non existent!!! 
let me know how you get on.. or if now fixed sloshing.

thanks

Hello Abs,

Thanks for posting, but you don’t tell us your name, or any information on your location - outside the UK? 

I can see you have posted your e-mail address. Perhaps not a good thing to do on an open-to-all forum. Personally, I would be asking Admin. to remove it if you cannot edit it out. 

Kind regards. 

• 5 months later...

Hi..I know it’s been a long time, but completely forgot I even posted this. You’re right, Iv requested to remove my email address. 
My name is Abs .. from Gloucestershire, UK. 
issue with water is still there, currently going through Motor ombudsman and financial ombudsman for investigation.

24 minutes ago, Abs said:

Hi..I know it’s been a long time, but completely forgot I even posted this. You’re right, Iv requested to remove my email address. 
My name is Abs .. from Gloucestershire, UK. 
issue with water is still there, currently going through Motor ombudsman and financial ombudsman for investigation.

Email address removed as requested 🙂

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 10:35 PM, Audi A5 sill issue said:

Hi I have the same issue the Audi dealership told me they tried to repair the issue but there is still water in the sill section 

Anyone else have the same issue with Audi A5?

Regards 

Aidan O'Connor 

https://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/topic/22178-liquid-sloshing-noise/