Tiptronic Module

dakes55

(DR)I need to get a replacement tiptronic control module and was wondering if they are interchangeable the code on mine is 4D0 927 156 DR, i have noticed a few for sale but the last two digits of the code are different, any ideas what the last two digits (DR) of the code refer to.

yes I deleted all of them a few times and they always come back, I am starting to think that it could be a loose wire or plug as the fault is intermittent, and it doesn't do it all the time, usually the problem occurs from cold on the first morning start, then all the prnds lights come on and it goes into limp mode, if i turn off the ignition and start the car again then its usually ok for a while, this car has been standing for over two years, and i don't think that has helped things, I work for a collage who have there own state of the art workshop and the teacher has told me if i don't have any luck finding the problem then they will put it on there Bosch system to try and locate the fault. 

Yes I think your right, I agree with you, im pretty sure its an electrical problem and my gut feeling is that its probably TCU on the left side of the gearbox, i have the wiring diagrams for the gearbox so i will be testing it when the weather gets better, I am also going to check the measuring block values for the control modules, when i got this car it had a damp smell inside and when i lifted the passenger carpet there was a lot of water in there, this is the area where the relays are located and not the fuses, i dried it all out and put a load of silica gel packets in there to help remove the moisture, i didn't remove any of the relays