Lighting Fault

Quattro Kev

Hi all got a new problem with with my Headlamps and rear tail lights

All work ok on dip

Switch to main Front headlamps ok rear tail lights go out?

Would it be a relay bad earth or is there something more?

Ok so I made a quick fix, I run a wire from my Rear Fog Light to the Rear Lights which now operate manually from the Fog Light Switch on dash until I can investigate further.

Hi Kev, I believe it could be the light switch. I know on the a6 c5 some models suffer from switch failure which then only allows the lights to work on certain settings. 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks Steve will have a look at the system just time and work balance to get round to striping things down and getting them sorted but will look at the switch on the steering column the relays etc will get to the bottom of it one day.

2 hours ago, Quattro Kev said:

Thanks Steve will have a look at the system just time and work balance to get round to striping things down and getting them sorted but will look at the switch on the steering column the relays etc will get to the bottom of it one day.

You're welcome, as I say I think it'll be the light switch located on the dash. Please keep us posted on how you get on :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1