a3 8v Fault - Car still runs when key is removed

machine3006

I turned off the ignition and took the key out of the barrel but its still running? I had to stall it to stop the engine,the dash cluster is still lit up like its running 

I removed the battery lead to see if thus would reset it,still the same

I thought it was a new key fob battery it needed because the orange key light in the cluster was on for a week or two,still the same

a few hours later the car battery died with it being left on now it wont start till i get a jump

I'm thinking two things,the barrel is bust or the connection module at the back of the barrel is bust?

apart from this problem the car has never had any issues before and is looked after its a 2013 a3 8v tdi

any pointers would be great because i know if i take it to audi they will have a field day with charging me to test it, find the fault, then charge me for parts and labour,to expensive

any help or someone who's cheap to come fix it ASAP would be really appreciated as its now off the road till the problem is sorted

Hi Gee, I'd take it to an auto electrician as I suspect the issue is electrical rather than the barrel itself. Or get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up. This can be do evat your local garage.

Cheers

Steve