A7 tailgate

John !Removed!

Hi All, 

new to the club, would like to ask a question!   My tailgate has suddenly started opening only half way , was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem before I go stripping it down to try and find the fault. 

Hi John, welcome to the forums.

Will the tailgate lift if you give it some gentle assistance, maybe a safety limit switch somewhere?

I'm new to the A7 but did notice the tailgate opens and closes slowly compared to the last few cars I've had, I attributed this to the sheer size of it and the angle, previous cars have all been estates so much smaller and vertical.

2 hours ago, sshooie said:

Will the tailgate lift if you give it some gentle assistance, maybe a safety limit switch somewhere?

I'm new to the A7 but did notice the tailgate opens and closes slowly compared to the last few cars I've had, I attributed this to the sheer size of it and the angle, previous cars have all been estates so much smaller and vertical.

Thanks will be having a look this weekend,  it does open fully with a little gentle persuasion.