Audi A6 2.0TDI Lemans MPG Nightmare???

Adam786

Hi Guys

I have an Audi A6 TDI 2.0 Lemans 170 Avant- Love the car it drives and looks stunning BUT I am not getting the MPG I believe I should.

I put in weekly £50 @ £1.21 per litre and I do mostly motorway mileage commute of 350 miles per week which I just about manage with a cruise control set at 70 mpg the trip computer is showing 35-40 mpg.

Please share your MPG figures off similar or even bigger engines are you getting more or less then me??

I ran a BMW 123D which was more powerful and bigger engine but gave better MPG,

PLEASE HELP...............

Just to add I put £80 brimmed the tank and did a 450 mile journey all motorway and I managed to get 460 miles before the tank was dry.

My C5 1.9tdi averages 43 and on a 70 mph run would expect around 48 mpg. I do find that premium bp or shell diesel gives better mpg sufficient to off set the additional cost , also i don’t use the cruise control, the system on my car is too keen to maintain the set point and as a result breaks and accelerates more than i do if i’m in charge, my speed will vary more about the set point but it gains 3-4 mpg.plus mines a manual.

Something is seriously wrong because no matter how much I drive super carefully the Trip does not go beyond 45mpg.

I am wondering If DPF removal and remap will solve the problem????

10 minutes ago, Adam786 said:

I am wondering If DPF removal and remap will solve the problem????

What ever you do don`t remove the DPF under new MOT rules thats an instant failure Adam

Not to sure on my mpg but recently done a 368 mile trip on £60 in the tank from almost empty @ £1.32 a litre

Had 62 miles left in the tank when i got back that was mostly duel carriage way and motorway 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I would (and am) happy with that return. Same car as yours. 23 urban, 35-40 motorway .

Intell you what makes a massive difference, every now and again bang £25 worth of Ultimate in it, I use Esso. Good response and better mpg. Plenty of additives in it, helps the valves.