Fresh of L plates Audi owner

Iggy

Hi guys,

My name is Iggy, I'm about to turn 26, I live in Norwich and I've just passed my driving test a week ago. I bought a 2004 Audi A3 2L TDI from a family member as my first car. The car itself has seen a lot of use (138k miles) however I know the full history, the car drives superb (comparing to a 3k mile Audi a1 S line) and overall its in great shape. I know nothing about cars however there are a few age related/mechanical things I will need to do before I'm fully happy with the car. I will list below what I'm looking to do in the short term so if anyone has a suggestion where to get the parts, what to look out for and what to do / not to do  and general advice it would be greatly appreciated. I will try and do most of the things myself or with assistance from a few petrolhead friends, unless of course it makes more sense to take it into a garage.

Here is what I'm looking to accomplish short term: 

1: Polish and Wax to remove smaller scratches ( Family cats used to climb on the bonnet/roof)
2: Touch up paint on deeper scratches. (including a decently sized, but not too deep front bumper scratch)
3: Change oil and oil filter
4: Change left or both headlights ( one of left headlight trim rings has fallen off, been like it for years apparently)
5: Fix rear window washer spray ( Washer liquid not coming out)
6: ABS and Engine Management light on dash to be checked ( ABS seems to work fine when tested a few times, however want it looked at regardless, would prefer no lights on the dash)
7: Replace 3x air vents ( Plastic broken from years of inserting sat nav attachment / air fresheners into it by previous user)
8: Add Satnav ( Single din with a pop up screen, recommendations appreciated, ideally one that works with a rear view camera, bluetooth, Spotify etc etc)
9: Add Rear view camera ( To work on satnav screen as per above)
10: Deep clean engine bay

Also if anyone can advise how much some/all/total cost roughly for this would be, that would be appreciated.

Hope to see some of you out on the road! Take care and drive safe!

20180604_182405.jpg

Welcome to the forum Iggy, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

congrats on passing your driving test and it sounds like you've got a nice project on your hands 🙂

cheers

Steve

Hi Iggy

No idea of costs but eBay is your friend so start saving the pennies 'cos it's going to be a fair amount for all that but worth every penny when done.

It'll be a little cracker when finished, have fun & happy motoring.