A4 Avant Speakers sounding like thunder

barnstormer

Alright everyone,

I have just recently had a problem with my Passenger side front and back speakers.

I can only describe this as being intermittent thunder which doesn't stop, well until I switch off the ignition and after about 10-15 secs it stops.

as soon as I unlock the car doors it starts again and it varies in volume sometimes really loud and sometimes just crackles.

I have recently had the heater element recall done and wondered if it was down to them maybe nipping a wire or maybe nothing to do with that.

This is driving me mad-has anyone else had this problem-any help appreciated.

Thanks.....

Welcome to the forum Bryan, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

my advice would be to get an auto electrician to have a look as I'm unsure if a diagnostic check would throw up any fault codes. 

does it do it on every drive?

cheers

Steve

Cheers for the reply. Yes it is all the time now as soon as I unlock the car you can hear the noise from the outside.

I have tried turning everything down speaker wise like bass ,treble, subwoofer and turning speakers to driver only but to no avail.

All the noise is coming from the passenger side speakers. it is going into the garage on Tuesday for brake pads and they will look at it and hopefully fix it.

just seems very strange for the noise to be coming from speakers with nothing actually on.

Cheers Bry