Houston we have a problem

White Knight 2
聽Share

Hi everyone, I'm new and havnt got a clue about audi so hopefully someone can help, only got the car on Friday and there is a problem聽馃槬聽after having some fun in the sun and driving about with the roof down etc, when the roof back up it seems there is a gap between the front drivers window and the seal, between the front and rear windows , they don't sit flush together. Although the gap is in the drivers window I think the problem may be with the rear window as that seems to be not sitting flush or into roof correctly, if that makes sense lol, is this window sync? I've informed the garage where I got the car from, they said there is a fix and will get back to me聽馃檮聽please, any advice would be really appreciated before the rain comes 馃槷聽(2007 audi a4 b7 s line cabriolet)

IMG-20180709-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0004.jpg

I think you're lucky the rain isn't coming til the end of this week... well for me anyway!聽

Did they say when they'd be able to fix this for you?聽

Anyway, despite this unfortunate problem, welcome to the Audi club my friend. 馃檪聽Did you say this was the first Audi you've driven?聽

Cheers,聽

S.聽

Hia Scott, I think the garage I got it from are trying to fob me off tbh, I rang a local garage this morning and he reckons (wivout seeing it) window regulator, it's booked in to have a look on Wednesday so fingers crossed mate. Yeh first audi I've ever driven, I'm quite impressed wiv the drive, but not so much wiv this problem straight away, but I guess it's just life ain't it, if you have any advice or know anyone who does that would be great. Cheers.聽

Just phoned a friend of mine there who used to drive聽an A3聽convertible so not too dissimilar from you聽. Wasn't really clear if he'd ever had this issue himself but from what I've been told聽I don't think it's聽a huge聽issue,聽but just an issue relating to the聽alignment of the windows when you roll them back up? Not an expensive fix by any means though, should be relatively cheap once you go and visit your local garage - couple hundred quid absolute max I'm told, most likely less. Shame it's on Wednesday though -- will have to make sure you don't miss the England game!

I could be mistaken as I've never owned a convertible myself so I'll be interest to find out if this was a different problem. Anyway I've let my mate know about the forum and I'll get him to set up an account (even though he now drives a BMW - hope this is allowed?) would still be of help to other drivers on here.聽

Try not to let this put you off Audi too much though, issues like this are usually rare when you drive one. Very very well-built machines and I promise you you'll look back and be glad you made the decision to join the club. 馃槈

Scott.

Hia Scott, absolutely brilliant reply mate, thank you so much, I was starting to lose hope about getting any advice off forums as I've posted about it elsewhere and heard nothing, so top man for trying to help me Scott I really appreciate it mate, hopefully the garage won't try and rip me off and charge a fortune, but I'll put an update up on Wednesday. Yeh hope England do it mate it will make a change won't it lol, tell your friend thank you for his info it's great when people share knowledge, if ya ever need to know anything about nissan skylines I'm ya man haha. Yeh I do love the car and so does the wife, so I'm hoping I can get this sorted and get some use out of it before the next probs arrives lol. Cheers marty.聽

Any time! Always here to help out and chip in any advice wherever I can. And I sort of know what you mean, it's sad when some forums aren't as active as we wish they'd be, best thing to do is to just become involved in as many threads as you can and hopefully people will see your posts easier/feel more inclined to help. But yeah, be sure to give us an update on this one mate!

And I'll let him know you appreciated it! Should be on the forums himself in no time after I force him to make an account haha. If England do it I'll be keen to see this Gareth Southgate tattoo he's allegedly getting on his buttocks haha聽- also I will do thanks.聽Even if I'm not looking for advice on something I'll still probably come to you with a question or two some time, always eager to learn more about different manufacturers and models.聽

Cheers,

Scott.

Sorry to jump on this late Marty. did you get any warranty with this car, i`m guessing 3 months if you did?

keep pressure on the garage to get this fixed be polite but firm聽 explain to them this is a big issue if it rains it will cause more problems with water damage dont let them flog you off stand your ground and even say if the car gets water damaged inside you`ll hand the car back that should get them working harder to fix your problem聽

1 hour ago, Scott1906 said:

Any time! Always here to help out and chip in any advice wherever I can. And I sort of know what you mean, it's sad when some forums aren't as active as we wish they'd be, best thing to do is to just become involved in as many threads as you can and hopefully people will see your posts easier/feel more inclined to help. But yeah, be sure to give us an update on this one mate!

And I'll let him know you appreciated it! Should be on the forums himself in no time after I force him to make an account haha. If England do it I'll be keen to see this Gareth Southgate tattoo he's allegedly getting on his buttocks haha聽- also I will do thanks.聽Even if I'm not looking for advice on something I'll still probably come to you with a question or two some time, always eager to learn more about different manufacturers and models.聽

Cheers,

Scott.

Thanks again Scott, your a top guy mate. Cheers marty.聽

11 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Sorry to jump on this late Marty. did you get any warranty with this car, i`m guessing 3 months if you did?

keep pressure on the garage to get this fixed be polite but firm聽 explain to them this is a big issue if it rains it will cause more problems with water damage dont let them flog you off stand your ground and even say if the car gets water damaged inside you`ll hand the car back that should get them working harder to fix your problem聽

Hia Paul thanks for replying mate, yeh 3 month/1000 miles warranty, I'm gonna go through it tonight and see what I can do, the problem is the garage I got it from is in the midlands and I'm up in the North East (UK) so it a good trek back down there. Yeh it's pretty major as must avoid rain damage at all costs, so think I'll just put it in a local garage hopefully cheap fix then bill where I got the car from I guess. Fingers crossed this all gets sorted on Wednesday, just wanna enjoy the car really. Cheers marty.聽

Sounds like a plan Marty if possible confirm with garage they are happy to pick up the bill and if they agree use an email聽that they are happy for you to get the car fixed and for you to forward the bill on to them, if you have an email or even a text then you have some come back. hope this reads ok lol

34 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Sounds like a plan Marty if possible confirm with garage they are happy to pick up the bill and if they agree use an email聽that they are happy for you to get the car fixed and for you to forward the bill on to them, if you have an email or even a text then you have some come back. hope this reads ok lol

Yeh cheers Paul, I'll ring em tomorrow and let them know wots happening, hopefully they'll play ball haha. Cheers marty.聽

OK a happy聽update on this issue - all sorted it was window realignment and cost 拢30 which I can claim back ,the guy at my local garage said its no biggie and just one of those things with cabbys, and it shudnt happenagain now (finger's crossed) so I'm over the moon with that, now on with the mods haha,cheersmarty (moderators plz move this thread if you can as I put it in b6 instead of b7, thanks)聽

2 hours ago, White Knight 2 said:

OK a happy聽update on this issue - all sorted it was window realignment and cost 拢30 which I can claim back ,the guy at my local garage said its no biggie and just one of those things with cabbys, and it shudnt happenagain now (finger's crossed) so I'm over the moon with that, now on with the mods haha,cheersmarty (moderators plz move this thread if you can as I put it in b6 instead of b7, thanks)聽

Glad to see it's all been sorted for you Marty. 拢30 is great as well - knew it would be a relatively cheap fix. I'll be looking forward to seeing a mod thread from you once you get started no that. 馃槈