Audi for a Ski Season/Touring Europe/UK Daily

violentmenace

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking for some advise on a car (apologies if this is in the wrong topic/area)

I currently own an R170 2.3l SLK but I am looking to purchase an Audi in the next few months. I don't particularly want to spend more than £10/11K, unless its something very special (max budget being £15K)...My partner and I are looking to do a ski season in Europe and would like the following or as much of it as possible:

1. safe (4 star or higher NCAP)
  2. reliable (no major known issues/decent track record)
  3. moderately efficient (30mpg or higher - prefer petrol but I'm equally happy to listen to the argument for diesel)
  4. comfortable (low road noise, leather interior, good seats, I would really like a superior sound system - Bose or B&O)
  5. practical (capable of carrying ski's - maybe on the roof? ski gear and a modest amount of luggage, plus I have a 20KG staffie/boxer cross that must fit in the boot!)
  6. fast (I don't really want to spend £10K on something slower or as fast as my current car!)
  7. Automatic (auto with paddles is ideal but not essential)
  8. all weather capability (Quattro is a MUST - it will be winter conditions)

Currently I am thoroughly drawn to the S3 as I feel that ticks quite a few boxes from the above. A couple mates have suggested an S4 as it offers superior space & performance at the expense of economy...as well as a Quattro TDI model for the efficiency and capable drive train.

If any of you Audi gurus know a good option or have a suggestion or any advice I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Fin

S-Line S and RS models might site too close to the ground for the more isolated Ski Resorts. Mine will drag its chin over minor ridges on country lanes at standard S-Line ride height.

May be a bit out of budget but All- Road may tick your boxes or a standard Audi frame but with the Air Suspension - they will lift their skirt a fair way to navigate more off road conditions but hunker down on the main roads. A friends A7 has Air and its a mighty fine ride

Proof is in the test drives.