A6 C7 3rd Brake Light rattling noise

Ady_Ldn

Hi guys,

I am having problems with 3rd brake light protection cover on my A6.

Every time I am listenig to music and turn it a notch up(not even 15) the 3rd brake light cover which is under it starts rattling.

Any Ideea on how to sort it out?

Would appreciate any help

Cheers

Came out of warranty in May.

The thing is,like I said, if you turn the volume a notch up the 3rd light starts vibrating and touches the glass. And because the edges of the 3rd light are plain hard plastic and not insulated or have anything to dampen the vibrations when it touches the glass the noise it makes becomes annoying.

I thought maybe someone else had this issue and might give me a better hint instead of applying insulating foam or rubber strips on the edges of it.

Managed to sorted out without any tape.

Fitted recently a dual dashcam and I think when I fitted the rear one(fitted on that lip of the third brake light) I losened it up. I pushed the brake light a bit more in and the noise went away 😊. Didn’t wanted honestly to add any tape or insulation to it.

It was a bit tricky to push it due to the fitting system that it has but managed eventually.

Cheers for the sugenstions anyway 😉👍🏻