Break squeal in new Q5

brendan76

Hi - I've had a brand new Q5 for about a month now and I've done about 900 miles. Initially the breaks were squealing and I just assumed it was cause it was brand new, but it's still happening after 900 miles - is this normal? Should I get it seen to? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

On 8/16/2018 at 10:05 AM, brendan76 said:

Hi - I've had a brand new Q5 for about a month now and I've done about 900 miles. Initially the breaks were squealing and I just assumed it was cause it was brand new, but it's still happening after 900 miles - is this normal? Should I get it seen to? Thanks in advance.

Brand spanking new? as in not a demo or anything? 

I think the bedding in for the normal pads and discs are about 1k miles. Seens as you posted this over a month ago i assume youve done some more miles - did it fix itself?

if not are you getting any feedback in the steering at all? or pulling? 

if you are, then id get it looked at but if not i think its a bedding in issue. Persevere as it should fix itself 🙂

4 hours ago, Nathant said:

Brand spanking new? as in not a demo or anything? 

I think the bedding in for the normal pads and discs are about 1k miles. Seens as you posted this over a month ago i assume youve done some more miles - did it fix itself?

if not are you getting any feedback in the steering at all? or pulling? 

if you are, then id get it looked at but if not i think its a bedding in issue. Persevere as it should fix itself 🙂

Yeah, it was brand spanking new - 19 miles on the clock! I've now done about 1,400 miles and it has definitely eased off, but still occasionally noticeable. It's not having any other effect like feedback or pulling, so hopefully it is, as you say, just a bedding in issue! I had it in last week to look at another issue which was a clanking noise coming from the brake pedal when it was released (I'd posted this in another thread and someone said they had the same issue and got it fixed) - they admitted there was an issue and need a replacement part, so hopefully I'll get that fixed in the next week or two.

Other than that, it's running like a dream!

• 3 weeks later...