Purchasing a SQ5!! (2015-2016)

sgarrey
聽Share

Good afternoon all,

I'm new to this forum, but have been an Audi owner for a number of years.

Can anyone who has owned an SQ5 give me a quick run down on running costs /servicing costs?

Thanks very much.

Welcome to the forum Simon, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

unfortunately However I don't think there are many SQ5 owners in here believe it or not!聽

serving wise you'll have to factor ni. Costs for the engine, day gearbox and quattro system as they all have different service requirements.聽

also tyre should be the same on each axle so as not to damage the quattro system babd the tyres should be wearing evenly.聽

I suspect the SQ5 will have xenon headlights and in which case a bulb can cost you approx 拢150-拢180 to replace.聽

hope I've helped in.someway.聽

cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, sgarrey said:

Good afternoon all,

I'm new to this forum, but have been an Audi owner for a number of years.

Can anyone who has owned an SQ5 give me a quick run down on running costs /servicing costs?

Thanks very much.

hey Simon,

are you going for a new one or used?聽

i've had a 2013 one for a while now - i average about 40mpg. (average over a tank of fuel) down to about 30mpg if i get regular 'heavy foot syndrome'聽

I did drive a petrol version and at best, got 25mpg...聽

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought a聽聽2015 SQ5 TDI聽 which I pick up on Wednesday, with a 120 mile journey home from the garage in Edinburgh.

Happy to share my findings here as I fond out more about the car and running costs etc.

• 3 months later...

Hi sgarrey,聽 well you'll have had your SQ5 awhile now I guess!聽 But my 2 penny worth; I'm on my 3rd Q5, and have been very happy with the running costs,聽 first 2 had the 2 litre TDI engines and 6 speed manual boxes and never gave less than 40 mpg, on a long run following my daughter back from Manchester in the horse lorry she just bought聽 gave well over 60mpg but I don't usually drive that steadily!聽

Sadly number 2 written off by being rearended on the M5 , replacement 2016 SQ5 with Automatic gearbox seems to be much the same , trust you are getting on well with your Q5.聽 My first visit to the forum,聽 should have joined earlier!聽 Cheers John.聽

• 5 months later...

Personally, im averaging around 31 to 34mpg in traffic, and down to 22 to 25ish when very slow crawl on motorway but..... Paddle to 60mph and she rises nicely to early 40s........ Drop it down a couple of gears and bury the throttle and say hello to a diesel fueled !Removed! where fuel economy leaps out of your mind and adrenaline pulses through your veins leading to a cheshire cat grin. The SQ5 was my dream car and still is. I do not regret buying it for a second either. Insurance was a minor blip but LVE have given me a fab deal for my second year of ownership.

Glad you're doing well with the Q5, my perfect size!聽

Didn't mention in my previous post but the ar....le who rearended me last May gave me a brain haemorrhage which resulted in my license suspended for 9 months,聽 back driving since March,聽 unfortunately my wife likes the Q5 as well!. Cheers John.聽

Whoa DD, that is a triple whammy.....first your car is totalled by a nimrod, then you get a brain haemorrhage, and then your licence is suspended..... Glad you pulled through and are driving again but still..... Wow.

The Q5 / SQ5 is a perfect sized vehicle, practical and spacious yet surprisingly nimble given it's dimensions. The need for anything larger is questionable for practical reasons like parking spaces, multi level car parks, narrower lanes and of course space in built up areas which require you to slot into smaller gaps without hanging over into yellow junction boxes!

Sad remains of my lovely Q5 no 2 , now gone to the salvage auction,聽 cheers John!聽

PS this car saved my life,聽 3 points; 1 diesel fuelled,聽 tank ruptured I'm told but didn't catch fire,聽 2 seatbelts functioned as should have,聽 I could have been thrown out,聽 3 if it had been a lighter vehicle my injuries could have been worse!聽

20180524_AudiQ5c.jpg

Edited by doctordoom
PS comment

• 11 months later...

I picked up my SQ5 last week and so far I'm seeing an average of 37 (most of that motorway).聽 The car is so quiet and comfortable and yet fast and noisy when you want it to be.聽 Watch speed though, 90 feels pedestrian.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I鈥檓 new to the owners club and purely wondered if anyone could kindly shed some light with opinions regarding the SQ5 gearbox. Just picked mine up last week to which now has 60k on the clock and thought like all my others Audi鈥檚 the gearbox oil should have been changed, however Audi insist on advising me to leave alone as a sealed unit but this seems some what miss leading as I鈥檝e also been told that I鈥檓 right by other Independent garages to get it done and I don鈥檛 want to cause any issues later on 馃. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!!