Battery drain. Warning triangle & light switch stays illuminated and fan stays on rear of radio

rodney

Hi , New on here so I hope this thread is in the correct place.

I am having problems with my 2007 Audi A4.

Got up the other morning to a flat battery. Recharged the battery and the car started fine. I then noticed that when I locked the car that sometimes the car was not going into sleep mode.

Sometimes the car will go to sleep other times it wont.

Got inside the car and locked the car using the remote. After about 30 seconds the car should go to sleep but instead the hazard warning triangle button stayed illuminated as well as the light switch knob and I could her a fan running which turned out to be a fan in the rear of the radio.

I disconnected the radio and still the car wont go to sleep.

I disconnected the hazard switch and still wont go to sleep.

Just back from checking the car with no radio or hazard warning triangle switch attached when I alarmed the car after 30 seconds the light switch knob lights went off , then after about a minute they turned themselves on again, left the car sitting and after about 5 minutes they turned off again..

Now driving the car with no radio and no hazard light switch and the car is still no going to sleep .. any ideas .. Thanks in advance..

Welcome to the forum William, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

my advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up.

cheers

Steve

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Autolab said:

My hazard light stays luminated. And the headlight switch also central lock button. When car is armed. Does not goe off. Kills battery next day

I'd recommend a diagnostic check. It could be an issue with the CCM. 

Check all lights. Boot. Puddle. Cubby. Nothing.. Its a constant 1 amp. Drain.. Removed all relays fuse.. And still. Abs module. Ccm central electric module. Still drain.. Only thing I have noticed it's somthing dat has a direct connection to batt +