New member 'ere

flateric

Hello

Just thought i'd drop a wee message to say hello.

Have Grand Scenics / Scenics the last 12 years or so.... and was looking at 320D M Sport 2005-7 for around £3k. A4 is around £3.5k.

No Audi purchased.... yet but have my eye on an A4 2.0 TDI SE Quattro 2010 (160k) just had timing belt done but has DPF  😞 . Not sure if this is a good model to go for and looking for reliability and low maintenance -  looking for everyday driver about 40miles per day mostly high speed but will post in a.n.other forum to get info.

Edited by flateric
more info to add

Welcome to the forum Neil, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

with the age and mileage of a4 you're looking at is checking the service history. This should ideally be full. You should check to see if the a4 you're looking at has had the emissions recall carried out. If it's just been done and it's up for sale then you have to question why. The dpf should be fine as long as the car hasn't been subjected to short runs in town etc.

cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve.

What would I look for to check, and with so many recalls is there one particular one?

I take it the car can cope with town driving as I will be doing a mix? Are they quite low maintenance too?

Thanks again!

Welcome to the forums:yahoo:

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul