Goodbye A1.1.6tdi...hello A3 1.8 tfsi

Mazzy

Hi steve ,thanks for welcoming me to the forum 😊. I am loving the A3 automatic and wish I had chosen automatic years ago . I have had many vw and Audi cars but have never had auto .  The A3 is a lovely quiet and spacious car ,having mainly diesels in the past I can't actually believe how quiet a patrol engine is !.  The 1.8 is lovely and nippy and extremely comfortable even though it's the sports version ,I'm loving the steering wheel paddles too ,useful for when you need a quick overtake or to climb faster on a hill .  I'm sure I will learn how to drive it better after I've had it a while .  If anyone has any tips on how to get the best performance from an automatic I'd be very grateful .

Agreed. Being a lazy driver I have had auto boxes for the last 30 years and would not go back to manuals. For the life of me I don't understand why when everything else in the car including doors, windows, lights, wipers and so on are automatic, most people have to wiggle a metal pole sticking up from the floor to make the car perform its basic function of travelling from A to B.