A4 1.4 service interval

LHRSoldier

Hi All,

Need some help here, please.

I drive a private leased A4, that has been with me for nearly 2 years now.

As per contract, I should be returning the car by end of next week but as my new car (a VW) had its delivery postponed, I had to extend the actual lease for another 3 months.

Car has only made 13000 miles so far (66 plate) and no sign of the service message on the dashboard.

Actually looking on the car system, it still shows that next service should be in 7000 miles or 700 days.

I visited a nearby Audi dealer last weekend and was told not to worry about it as I won't need it serviced until message comes up on the dashboard.

I'm worried as Audi can come with a penalty if service not done, after I return the car.

Any advice will be very welcome!

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums:yahoo:

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

If possible get it in writing that no service is needed till the car tells you so

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul

Hello Marco,

In the absence of other replies, my thinking on this is that it is was originally set on a longlife schedule and as such, I believe it would not be unusual for this car to run to around 19k miles before servicing. 

Two things which confuse me is that it's normal for average contract mileage PCP cars to be set on a nearer annual servicing plan - to reap greater rewards from the customer - an explanation might rest with your contract  including an add on premium to cover a maintenance plan. Did you sign up for a maintenance plan? 

Also, I would have expected this car to have been called for servicing when it was two year old - irrespective of longlife schdules. 

I think Paul has a good point, about getting your query confirmed in writing. If this is not forthcoming then you could do a sort of reverse confirmation by sending them an e-mail based on .......' Further to my conversation with ....... on ..,,,,,,,, I understand and accept that car (reg. No. ) is not due for servicing at or shortly after this date...' 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I finally got a reply from Audi.

i won’t need to have car serviced until I get the request on the dashboard.

So both dealers I visited were corrected.

I should be returning it in the next 4 weeks.

cheers