80 Cab engine power?

Kinny

Help please. Restoring 80 CAB 2.6 M533 VBV. Getting on nicely,. Couple of questions - How do I tell which power unit it has. There are 2 power ratings for 2.6 engine and V5 gives no clue. As you can see from picture, it is a very quiet yellow colour. Anybody help with Audi exact colour?

IMG_0672[1].JPG

Hello Mark,

Looks a very nice project.

Not sure how much of this is going to help help but:- 

Were there indeed two power outputs from the 2.6 engine, or are you confusing it with the slightly later 2.8?

If it were mine, I would attempt to get the build record for the car via. the VIN. I believe there is an on-line Audi VIN decoding system. This should clarify any engine output query, and equality importantly give you a colour code. 

You should be able to find a code plate somewhere (boot area was popular and front slam panel). 

Stabs at possibles:-  LN1M - Lemongelb which ran to 1999.

LK1D - Jasmine.  93/97 

.                                    LY1B - Brillantgelg - but might be later. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks Gareth

Much appreciated. Tried MyAudi but answer came back as Null (very strange) and now will not let me re-register. Will try some other source later.

Yes definitely two options 2.6(102KW/139HP) 05.1195-08.2000 or 2.6 (110KW/150HP) 06.1993-08.2000.

Thanks for the colour tips

Mark

Doesn't MyAudi apply to more current/new vehicles Mark? 

Might be worth Googling VIN checking in general, and homing in to Audi from there. 

If all else fails, then no doubt a call to Audi Customer Services UK will point you towards the appropriate contact. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.