Repair Question

SolvaMan

Hi quick question I have a 2015 Q7 Sline TDI, needs new rear brake pads, any recommendations on the ones I should get? Or does it have to be official audi

I also I’ve got a whining noise from the passenger side heater, it works fine but just whines when on and stops as soon as you turn the heating off. I’ve been told the only solutions is to replace the heater unit, is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Bradley,

I guess you have/will, check with Audi regarding the costs of buying their pads, and if so, may be wondering if there is a cheaper alternative. 

I can only advise from experience of having tried aftermarket pads on a humble 1.6 A3, and the braking efficiency was so markedly reduced that we quickly replaced them with genuine VAG ones - expensive experience. 

If your query relates to trying to improve on the original braking efficiency due to 'enthusiastic' driving then obviously different criteria apply, and you would need to let us know that this is your intention.

Kind regards,

Garerth,